LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM, THOUGHTS WAS RACING THROUGH MY HEAD..
FELT SO REAL TO ME, THIS IS WHAT IT SAID..

Monday, June 29, 2009

Life, Love and the Pursuit of Happiness

Using this as a way to kill time while waiting to get tired enough to sleep. Hopefully it won't backfire and actually keep me up.

LIFE:
Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. And for those of you who didn't, I hate you. Just kidding, I really don't care who did/didn't say it..I've never been big on celebrating any sort of holiday/event, let alone my own birthday. Today was just an ordinary Sunday for me, with the exception of a recovering back and two(?) pulled muscles in my neck.. Work 8:00AM-5:00PM, attempt to study from 6:00PM-8:00PM. Watched the BET awards at 8, and now I'm sitting here. Maybe I'll celebrate later on this week. We'll see.

I was nervous about taking summer classes for the first time in college, but so far its going well, even though I've already missed 1.5 days of classes. I had a test already in my 4 week Econ class. I didn't really study too much and got a B along with scoring ~10pts above the average..I hope the class is curved. Midterm in that class later this week.

LOVE:
Put up an old blend of Michael Jackson - Remember The Time blend w/ Cypress Hill by Ron G :)

Two new Lupe snippets of what is said to be tracks off of We Are L.A.S.E.R.S. leaked earlier tonight, and I'm liking what I hear. One of them sounds like hes rapping over a Dre beat. My biggest complaint is with the music leaking in general, because his album isn't even scheduled to drop until December, even though hes 95% done with the album already.


The 2009 BET Awards were tonight..Live. What a mistake that was. This years show (and past) seemed very unorganized and not very thought out. I give them a half of a pass this year because of completely restructuring the show literally last minute to honor Michael Jackson. But when you're BET (Under MTV's giant label, which is under Viacom), you should have a staff capable of producing a quality live show. Even things such as Jamie Foxx (the host) not knowing when they were coming back from commercial, or the sensors letting the swear words slip out, and then censoring words after that, which were just normal words. There were also dirty versions of songs being played for award winners stage entrance music. I'm also not sure how much of an influence BET has on artist's acts, but some of them were set up weird and just not made for that type of show..some parts shouldn't have been made for anything :(

Onto the performances in no particular order..



by

Beyonce had a great performance as usual, singing Ave Maria and..something else..I forgot. It was solid as always. I wasn't really feeling the little wedding gown type outfit she had on..but its Beyonce, so who cares.

Keri Hilson's performance was just eh..I think she needs to work on her live singing a bit. Shes hot though, so I don't care. Jamie Foxx & T-Pain performed Blame It,. They switched it up by having Snoop come out and mashed it up with Drop It LIke It's Hot beat..but Snoop didn't really do anything which was lame. Then TRavis Barker came out and they flipped it again. Travis always provides so mcuh energy into his remixes and always delivers. Ciara had a shoddy MJ tribute..

>


Maxwell gave an always solid performance of Pretty Wings. If you don't know who he is, I suggest you check him out and watch the video above.


Ne-Yo did a good job doing a MJ tribute performance also. Not too sure about those glasses, but the singing was on point.


Jay-Z performed D.O.A, which sounds muhc better live than on the track. The live instruments give it that extra bang and hard hitting sound it needs on the beat. I hope No ID adjusts the beat for the album version. I feel like the beat needs to come a little bit harder, Takeover style.

Besides that, they did several tributes to Michael Jackson like Jamie Foxx dressing up and moonwalking. It definitely looked and felt rushed, but it was, so I give them a pass on that.


The best (and hardest to watch :/) part was at the end of the show. Janet Jackson came out (big props to her for doing that so soon), saying few words, but displaying miles of emotion, and then Jamie Foxx and Ne-Yo closed the show by doing a nice duet of Jackson 5's I'll Be There. I just wish that it was a better awards show that went on instead of a BET/MTV event. :| I'm assuming some network/company is going to put together a 2-5 hour tribute special within the next week or so though with tons of interviews and performances. I sit eagerly awaiting.




Afterwards Jay-Z's D.O.A. music video premiered..I wish I could be in Vegas this weekend to see him tear it down live with this. Video below:



AND THE PERSUIT OF HAPPINESS:
We keep getting new items at work..and I keep wasting my money on them :|


Haven't tried any of them yet, but I've heard good things about all of them, and they all sound good.


Finally, after about 4 (Yes, four) years I invested in some insoles for my work shoes. It took me this long to finally buy them because of such a big selection. I was always too lazy to look and see what materials are the best, what brands, what a decent price is, etc. But today while at work I decided to waste some time and take a quick look at our selection. I landed on these because I figured the fabric/memory foam ones will eventually just get smashed down and be ineffective, whereas gel shouldn't, or not as much anyways. I'll report back with results once I work again. Does anyone else use gel insoles? Are they worth it? Can you feel a noticeable improvement?

I feel like everything is spinning around me right now..so that's probably a sign I should get off of this and go to sleep.

continuing on with the tiny tributes..

No comments: