LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM, THOUGHTS WAS RACING THROUGH MY HEAD..
FELT SO REAL TO ME, THIS IS WHAT IT SAID..

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Red Friday

This year I didn't know anyone who planned on spending a lot of money for Black Friday. No one I knew, including me needed/wanted to make a big purchase, regardless of the fact that there were no really good deals. Getting a $1189.99 42" 1080p LCD HDTV for $581 beats any of the TV sales I saw today. I went out shopping just for the hell of it, and partially because I felt like I was obligated to at least go and window shop/browse. My goal for the day was to spend under $250 total, including random stuff like food.

Black Friday started at about 1:55AM on Thursday night, when I began waiting for Amazon to put some bluray movies on sale. The actual day started out at Best Buy around 7:30AM. I picked up a few DVD's, then headed to the Streets of Tanasbourne mall, mainly for Express. I only walked out with one sweater, well on my way to meeting my spending goal. After Express we went to Banana Republic just because it was basically next door. I somehow talked myself into buying a $59.00 scarf, basically regretting my purchase as I was making it. That is, until I saw it rang up on sale for $34.50 :)





Once we were done with that nice surprise, we stopped by REI, which did a pretty clever promotion. They gave shopping bags to customers entering, and each bag had a random gift card in it, ranging from $5.00 to $100.00. Both Jason & I got $5.00 :( But it definitely made us both feel like we needed to buy something. $5.00 off a clothing/sporting goods store anywhere, especially a store like REI is not a good sale at all, when there are North Face jackets running at $400. But the fact that are giving you free money makes you feel obligated to spend it. In addition to that, they didn't really even have any sales going on, which just brings them in even more profit.

Anyways, after that I went to a differnt friends house to go on Part II of my shopping spree. We went to the Nike Employee store..which was really busy, and shitty. They denied me as a guest, but I still got access to Friends & Family stuff later on. :)

After the Nike disaster, we went downtown. We stopped by several small stores, then went to the REI downtown. I spent the $5 gift cards on Odwalla drinks, because I couldn't find anything I actually wanted.



After shopping at those ~5 stores we went to eat at Mio Sushi, which was good as always, then headed over to Puma and Adidas. I ended up getting a pair of Puma x Evisu jeans at Puma. This put me pretty close to maxing out my $250 goal.

Pic of the jeans didn't come out so well, and I'm way too lazy to take a better one right now..



Next up was Niketown. On the way there, we heard some yelling and then 'I SAID GET ON THE GROUND!' I looked in the direction of the shouting and saw a man laying face down onto the sidewalk, and then saw a cop holding a shotgun, aiming it at this man on the ground. Then a few more police cars pulled up. We decided to take a detour route to avoid that drama. Later, while on the detour route, we saw the man yelling at the cops saying he didn't do anything, and why white cops gotta act like this to black men. :/ Wonder what he did, if anything.

After that interesting moment, I found my way into Niketown's checkout line, buying a pair of shoes, putting me over my $250.00 limit :\



Once I was done wasting my money at Niketown, we wasted a little more time, talking with a store owner, and managed to get a 30% off Nike/Niketown/Nikeoutlet/NikeWomens :) Then I went back to Best Buy so we could look at DVD's, then being unsuccessful at finding all the DVD's my friend wanted, we went to a different Best Buy, which had plenty. I walked out with more useless DVD's the second time going there.

I finally ended my spending spree at a nice, cheap, sit down, Thai restaurant around 8:30PM. Over 12 hours of being out and about shopping, walking and eating, ending with a relaxing dinner and a nice train ride down to Eugene. Except I fell asleep on the train, and now I'm not tired, and I have work at 9:00AM today.

I brought my camera up..but forgot to take it anywhere..so theres no pictures of any stores/scenery/food :(

Total Amount of Damage done (Minus food): $359.44 :/

Final Group Shot of my what I got..minus a few DVD's I bought online and haven't received yet.

No comments: