LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM, THOUGHTS WAS RACING THROUGH MY HEAD..
FELT SO REAL TO ME, THIS IS WHAT IT SAID..

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Have you voted yet?



I'm happy to see so many celebrities endorsing Obama. A lot of times celebrities won't speak their political views because it can hurt their public image if people don't agree with them. And it's not just hip hop artists, or African-American's, it's everyone from Jay-Z to Sarah Silverman to Jennifer Anisten to Sacha Baren Cohen.

5 Friends:



5 More Friends:



I've been pretty disappointed with some of the tactics the Republican party has used this year. They have a lot of people misinformed about the other party and Barack Obama himself, leaving them uneducated and jumping to harsh conclusions. I've heard everything from 'He wasn't born in the US' to terrorist claims to 'he doesn't address McCain as 'Mr. McCain,' so he doesn't get my vote.'

On the other side, I just hope there aren't too many people putting all their eggs in this basket and assuming if elected, Barack Obama will completely turn around this country in his four year term. I think some people might have too high of expectations and don't realize that no president is physically capable of fixing every single problem in that amount of time. Instead stand by his desire to implement change. Support him for what he stands for and represents not only as President of the United States, but what he represents for the future of this country.

I'm definitely not very political, but I think this election has been more important than the past several, if not all elections, so I've tried to pay more attention to it. Even if you don't support Barack Obama, the Democratic party, or agree that the political voting system is highly skewed and disoriented, go vote for change. At the very least, we'll have the first ever female vice president in office. (I'm not going to go into whether or not I think shes the best choice for that role)

So go vote. I did.



And if you need an incentive, go vote to get free stuff:
-Starbucks is giving away a free tall cup of coffe
-Ben & Jerry's is giving away 1 scoop of ice cream between 5:00PM-8:00PM
-Krispy Kreme is giving away a free doughnut
-Chick-Fil-A: Free chicken sandwich

No comments: