LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM, THOUGHTS WAS RACING THROUGH MY HEAD..
FELT SO REAL TO ME, THIS IS WHAT IT SAID..

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Dark Knight



Went to see The Dark Knight today, at 10:00AM on a Monday morning, and there were still a good 30-40 people who joined me. Strangely, the majority of the audience was older, ranging from 45-60. Anyways, enough about that, onto the movie.

I thought it was great. I don't know if I'd call it amazing just yet, but I have a feeling I will be after seeing it on Wednesday at the IMAX while I'm more awake. Since it was still early I was semi-sleepy while watching, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot more when I see it at the IMAX when I'm awake. The storyline was well thought out, full of twists and turns, action, and let each character shine in his or her own light, both in character and acting. It kept me guessing on where they were going to take it, and what they were going to do with each character.

Heath Ledger did an amazing job as The Joker. Although the definition of 'psycho' was different when Jack Nicholson played the role, I think Ledger was able to take it to another level and outdo Nicholson. I think his role in this movie will be celebrated, enjoyed and appreciated even more after his passing. I was also surprised to see a few characters in the movie. But I tried to avoid any new/media/information about this movie before seeing it, so they might not be a surprise to others who have seen trailers/read up on it.

My only complaint about the movie is the length. Although I never found myself checking the clock (Although at one point I did wonder), or being bored, it still felt a little too long. For some reason part of me was left wanting an even bigger and grander finale, and I think this has to do with the length of the movie. The movie continues to progress throughout the entire 2 1/2 hours, and it made me want the movie to go out with a bigger bang. (Not to say that it was a bad ending, though)

This movie is in the process of breaking records already, and it's only been out for 3 days. It grossed $158,355,000,000.00 during its first three days, and beat Spider-Man's $151.1 million opening-weekend record. it sold over $18 million on the midnight showings alone, which is more than some movies debut at for the whole weekend. There were seven Thursday midnight showings at one theater here, and by Tuesday night six of them were sold out. Worldwide it's at $199.655 million. But after all the hype, all the trailers and all the numbers, is it worth it? My answer is Yes, definitely. It has edged its way into my list of favorites already, and is definitely worth your time and money. I highly recommend this movie, and I feel it's a must-see in theaters to get an even better experience.

No comments: