LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM, THOUGHTS WAS RACING THROUGH MY HEAD..
FELT SO REAL TO ME, THIS IS WHAT IT SAID..

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Once again I'm bored, and ended up here. I should be studying for my Econ midterm tomorrow..but oh well.

It finally turned into summer weather here..~90 degrees today :( I don't mind that weather, as long as I have an air conditioned home...which I don't.

I'm not sure how many people have already seen this article/story..I found it awhile ago, but just randomly saw it in my bookmarks a few minutes ago, and I think its worth sharing. It's about a girl's dying wish to see Pixar's movie, Up. Click Here to Read

If you haven't heard of Melanie Fiona by now and you like soulful R&B/pop voices/styles, I suggest you go look her up. I'll probably do an album review for her album once I get bored again.

In more Michael Jackson news, he took over the top 9 of the top 10 album spots on Billboard this week. :) He sold over 422,000 copies spread out over 9 albums. Nicely fitting, 'Number Ones' took the top spot with 108,000. Thats more than several new artists debuted at, and this album is six years old. The only non-Michael Jackson record to grab the 10th spot was a re-issue of the Woodstock movie soundtrack. From what I remember this was also the first time that a non-debuting album has taken the #1 spot and beaten out albums that released that week..Which means he kept the Black Eyed Peas' new album, 'The E.N.D' from debuting at number one, and not just by 1 spot, but by 3. What's also crazy is that even before he passed, his catalog still pulled in 297,000 album sales for the 2009 year up until June 21st. He owns 25 out of the top 75 Hot Digital Download sales. Thriller saw a 3,551.00% increase in sales. Just more evidence on how much of an impact he had on music and the people.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing people actually request his music enough for it to break into top 10-40 radio countdown lists. His music was and still is better than most of the garbage that's flooded the radio over the last several years. I'd pick Smooth Criminal over Soulja Boy - Turn My Swag On any day of the week.

I think I'm going to see Public Enemies to escape the heat tomorrow, so expect a movie review shortly after :)

No comments: